Tuesday 5 November 2013

The residency is underway

I'm here! Many thanks to those who came along on Sunday evening to hear about my plans for the residencies community activities.


Special thanks to Angie and Pam who worked so hard to get the program out to everyone, and to Jo who has surrendered her office to me for the duration.

I am now set up in my residency studio space. Yesterday's photography workshop, based on the understanding that pictures can tell stories too, was followed this morning by a photo ramble at Yanchep Lagoon. More on that in my next post. In the meantime, here is the timetable for the next two days.

Wednesday morning, 9am till noon
Fabric printing workshop to overprint some of TRYCAN's fabric stash. Put away today's Melbourne Cup finery and wear some work clothes. If you want to bring a little of your own plain coloured cotton fabric that's fine but not essential, as everything is provided, no charge. If you want to stay on and print into the afternoon, bring your lunch.
Venue - Capricorn Community House
73 Lindsay Beach Boulevard Yanchep
(enter car park from Azure Mews)

Thursday morning, 9am till noon
OPEN HOUSE - All welcome
Recycle one of your odd socks, and join me to make a sock doll inspired by my little vintage treasure shown in a previous post - scroll down and you'll find it! Bring a clean odd sock, the most important item, and hand-sewing supplies, old buttons and embroidery threads if you like, but I have plenty of supplies to share.
Venue - Capricorn Community House
73 Lindsay Beach Boulevard Yanchep
(enter car park from Azure Mews)

Tempted???

No comments: